Friday, February 1, 2008

Del, Lou & Jean - Vose St. Steps - 1947

Del, Lou, & Jean - Vose St. Steps - 1947

"Vose Street Steps" refers to the TRIPLE DECKER on Vose Street in Woonsocket, Rhode Island where my mother grew up with her immigrant French-Canadian family. Jeanne was her best friend. She is also my godmother. She and her Italian-American husband attended our wedding in 1987. I hope to post those photos eventually. Unfortunately, I am unable to find my photos of the Vose Street Triple Decker in full shot. I know I took them in both 1979 and 1985, but whether the photos came out considering the lame camera I had is the question. I have 8mm film from circa 1970 that I have not seen in years. Maybe I'll get to that next year.

Triple Decker - wiki

I enjoyed hearing the term used in the film "The Departed," which was set in Boston where triple deckers are as common as stucco bungalows are here in L.A. I had to explain the definition to my native California wife.

No comments: