Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Whole Wheat Low Cal Turkey Lasagna



Okay, here's what we got inside here:

Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
Tomato Puree
Ground Turkey
Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
Sliced Mushrooms
Green Peppers
Yellow Sweet Onions
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Garlic
Oregano
Basil
Thyme
Pepper
Salt

Regular hi-fat cheese lasagna, fully cooked, will be gooey and melded together: noodles, cheese and sauce, but these elements listed above are low in fat (comparatively), so do not be surprised when the end product is kind of mushy. Maybe I use too much sauce, but I like it saucy and so does my wife.

Next time I plan to try it with an olive oil and lemon sauce instead of tomato.

What can I say my wife loves my cooking and all she has to do is the dishes.

If you try it, please let me know how it worked out for you.



No comments: