Sunday, March 30, 2008

John "Gomez Addams" Astin Plays Poe

Happy 78th Birthday!

John Astin

Born March 30, 1930

"We all struggle, and I had plenty of that, but I've had a great time. I've done hundreds of TV shows and 30 to 40 movies, and I love acting. I'm very happy having done the Poe. That's been really terrific."

Besides bringing to life the legendary character Gomez Addams, actor John Astin has played Poe. This You Tube clip is a sample of his portrayal. He has toured in the one-man play Edgar Allan Poe: Once Upon a Midnight, written by Paul Day Clemens and Ron Magid. (I saw an earlier version of this play years ago in Hollywood with Clemens in the title role. Clemens and his wife attended our POE HUMOUR event in 2001.) John Astin currently teaches acting and directing at his alma mater Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, his home town.

John Astin - imdb

John Astin - wiki

Edgar Allan Poe: Once Upon a Midnight - starring John Astin

Poe Humour - PoeForward.com

"The Raven" - Poe Funeral text

John Astin: Actor, Director, Professor

No comments: