Friday, November 23, 2007

The Gentleman Monsters

Boris Karloff

Boris Karloff

November 23, 1887 - February 2, 1969

RIP

When I met and interviewed Robert Bloch in 1989 at his Hollywood Hills home, he told me how he and his wife spent many evenings having dinner with their close friends, Mr. & Mrs. Boris Karloff. Bloch explained they were both men who had achieved success later in life and were particularly thankful. I can envision the two of them with their wives, talking excitedly over elegant dinners in victorian dining rooms at each of their homes. Two gentlemen and two ladies, enjoying their company together. That's how I see it. He was a gentleman to me.

Robert Bloch

Robert Bloch

April 5, 1917 - September 23, 1994

RIP

Boris Karloff - wiki

Boris Karloff - imdb

Robert Bloch - wiki

Robert Bloch - imdb

No comments: